Everything you need, nothing you don’t. Florida Storms is not just another weather app with a radar. It’s a clean and fast interactive map that alerts you to every storm, while at the same time delivers credible real-‐time audio and text alerts from the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network. Using a combination of Baron’s exclusive storm track algorithms and the expertise of a meteorologist, you’re certain to receive the most up-‐to-‐date information on any potential weather hazard.
View the latest tropical weather updates from the National Hurricane Center, find your nearest evacuation route, check if you’re in the path of a dangerous storm surge, or just review a checklist of items your family should have in case of a weather emergency. Once you have Florida Storms, you won’t need multiple apps to prepare for the next “big one”. Whether it’s just a routine pop-‐up shower that might send you indoors or a major hurricane threatening your neighborhood, Florida Storms is the simplest and fastest way to stay informed of mother nature’s next move.
Features of Florida Storms:
• Live radio stream of the nearest Florida Public Radio Emergency Network partner station, with option to choose from 12 others in the state in case of evacuation or traveling
• Customizable push notifications from multiple sources, including the National Weather Service, the National Hurricane Center, Baron’s exclusive Doppler radar, and local emergency management personnel
• Able to set location to other cities to track weather throughout the state and to get warnings for those locations
• Watch and warning information from the National Weather Service, with the ability to view the advisory text and radar at the same time
• Fast and clean national radar, with 1-‐hour past loop
• Option to load the nearest high-‐resolution Doppler radar in Florida, also with 1-‐hour loop
• Real-‐time lightning data, including positive strikes
• National Hurricane Center storm track’s and forecasts
• Future radar up to 48 hours, with option to pause/play
• Current temperatures and wind speeds
• Multiple feeds of real-‐time information from various sources, such as the nearest National Weather Service office, the National Hurricane Center, Florida Department of Transportation, the FPREN Storm Center and local emergency management offices
• Preparedness information for a weather disaster, including what to do before, during, and after a storm
Florida Storms is completely free and developed by the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network, in partnership with Mobiquity, Inc. Updates from the FPREN Storm Center are provided by a team of staff meteorologists at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications, and are also available on your local Florida public radio station’s website or over the air.
The Florida Public Radio Emergency Network partners stations are WUWF (Pensacola), WFSU (Tallahassee), WKGC (Panama City), WUFT (Gainesville), WJCT (Jacksonville), WMFE (Orlando), WMNF and WUSF (Tampa-‐St. Petersburg), WFIT (Melbourne), WQCS (Ft. Pierce), WGCU (Ft. Myers), and WLRN (Miami). Repeater stations include WJUF (Inverness), WMKO (Marco), WUCF (Orlando), WFSQ (Tallahassee), and WXEL (Miami). More information about the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network can be found at www.floridastorms.org.
Released: 2015-08-28 00:46:15
Updated: 2017-09-07 22:23:51
Seller: Mobiquity Inc.
Size: 53.84 MB